A Powerful Healing Strategy
H-2-0 FASTING RESET PROGRAM
Reboot & Reset
Researchers have begun to investigate the therapeutic benefits of the practice. Interestingly, modern science has found a variety of verifiable positive effects fasting that has on human health.
Water-only fasting is one of the most ancient and powerful healing strategies known to mankind.
Our scientific literature is demonstrating how this reduces inflammation, stimulates autophagy for cellular cleansing and initiates the production of stem cells to regenerate new
There is limited food intake for a period of time at the beginning and end of the water fast and of course, just water in-between.
Central to the benefits of fasting is a process called ‘autophagy’, which is the body’s natural process of killing off, and cleaning out toxic cell matter that’s built up in your body. It’s an important system for staving off many diseases, and may even include preventing cancer development according to the latest research.
In addition, reduced autophagy (the state that most of our modern diets leaves us in) leads to accelerated cell aging, which explains why in numerous studies, restricting caloric intake significantly increased lifespan, even when that restriction was occasional (fasting every once in a while or intermittent fasting).
When we go on an extended water-only fast the body shifts its metabolic system to preserve as much energy as possible and since we aren’t needing digestive juices, we save energy needed for repairing and healing the body. In Seikon-Chikara, ‘energy conservation’ is important to apply to optimal well-being.
When we go on an extended water-only fast the body shifts its metabolic system to preserve as much energy as possible and since we aren’t needing digestive juices, we save energy needed for repairing and healing the body. In Seikon-Chikara, ‘energy conservation’ is important to apply saved energy to increasing optimal well-being.
Autophagy also helps with the development and retention of lean muscle, and autophagy induced through caloric restriction also slows neurodegeneration and is one of the few things that can lead to the production of new brain cells. This research suggests that fasting can protect you against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimers and Parkinsons. This is also likely why epileptic and autistic people respond very well to fasting.
Periodic fasting helps with reducing chronic pains, rheumatic diseases, high blood pressure, and anything related to inflammation and can also improve insulin sensitivity.
Medical directors in various clinical environments use therapeutic water-only fasting and are responsible at least in part for the current interest in its role in the management of chronic diseases including obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even cancer.
There is strong evidence gathered over many decades to show how water-only fasting can reduce excess fat and glucose in the blood, modulate the immune system, increase the effect of the mood and sleep-regulating neuro-transmitter serotonin, boost protein repair, and reduce inflammation.
After 2-3 days in water fasting, the body goes into a state called ketosis, where it begins to fuel itself internally by burning fat cells. Ketosis occurs around 48 hours for women and 72 hours for men according to Dr. Joel Fuhrman M.D., author of Fasting and Eating for Health.
Dr. Jason Fung completed medical school and internal medicine at the University of Toronto before finishing his nephrology fellowship at the University of California, Los Angeles at the Cedars-Sinai hospital.
Educating water-only fasters for a return to their normal routine – and an improved diet and lifestyle – is a crucial element to this program.
The Top Benefits of a 3 – 7 Extended Water Fast:
- Reduces chronic inflammation
- Helps with autoimmune diseases
- Improves conditions related to obesity, metabolic syndrome and blood sugar issues
- Increases mental clarity
- Enhances heart health by improving blood pressure & triglycerides
- Naturally increases growth hormone secretion, vital for growth, metabolism, weight loss and muscle strength
- Can delay aging and extend longevity
Fasting (whether intermitent or extended) requires a corresponding healthy diet in order to benefit from these procedures.
Modern humans evolved to survive periods of food shortage and have voluntarily fasted for at least 2000 years. Fasting is broadly defined as the voluntary abstinence of some or all caloric foods and beverages for therapeutic, spiritual, or political reasons.
In the last century, research in animals and humans has uncovered several potentially health-promoting physiologic responses to fasting including:
- Hormone modulation
- Reduced oxidative stress and inflammation
- Increased stress resistance
Clinical research in humans also indicates that fasting improves:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Cardiovascular disease
- Metabolic syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Follicular lymphoma
- And as an adjunct to chemotherapy and quality of life.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Dr. Jason Fung, MD, one of the world’s leading experts on fasting in Toronto, Canada explains the concept of intermittent fasting.
Amazing Benefits of Prolonged Fasting
Dr. Eric Berg discusses the benefits of prolonged fasting.
Preparing for The Water-only Fasting Reset Program at Least the Week Before Your Visit
- Avoid all processed white flour and white sugar products, fried foods, coffee (if you get coffee withdrawal try homeopathic nux vomica), sodas, alcohol, cigarettes, all meat and dairy. Try to eat steamed veggies and vegetable soups, low sugar fruit (berries, cherries, apples etc. – no tropical fruit); absolutely abstain from junk foods.
- Do intermittent fasting if you can. This means eat solid foods only between 11 am and 7 pm. Drink pure water anytime, at least 6, eight ounce glasses of water daily.
- Get enough sleep and rest (at least 8 hours).
- Have a 16 ounce glass of fresh pressed organic vegetable juice every other day if possible (combination of 8 ounces of juice and 8 ounces of purified water).
You Must Be Preapproved for This Program by Dr. Randy. A Doctor’s Note May be Required for Moderate to Serious Illness.
Blood and urine chem panels need to be done at least 2 months before your visit are required plus any relevant other lab tests – please scan and email before your day of arrival.
The Maximum Number of Days You Can Water Fast at Naturally Well by the Shore is 7 with a Re-feeding Time of 3 Days for a Total of 10 Days With Us.
Particulars of The H-2-0 Fasting Reset Program:
- Spa services are supportive and nurturing with an experience that is both relaxing and rejuvenating.
- Recommended regime: Light foods for the first day of your program, juicing for 2 days and then water-only fasting. Breaking the fast lightly for 2 days of juice and light foods.
- Private session with Dr. Randy at the beginning of your week and one at the end of your program. Monitoring daily.
- 1 follow-up phone call when you arrive home.
- We use electrolyte replacement during your water fasting days. We also check urinary ketones and ph during your fast.
- You can water fast for 3 – 7 days at Naturally Well by the Shore. The re-feeding processes take extra time. Therefore as an example, your visit will be from a minimum of 5 nights for a 3 day water fast to a minimum of 10 nights for a 7 day water-only fast.
- Note that for many people a 3 – 5 day water fast is all that is needed. If you are significantly overweight or have debilitating inflammation, you may consider doing a longer 6 – 7 day fast or you can just do the 4 – 5 day fast again several months later.
- If you are in a very stressful ‘season’ of your life, it may not be the best time to do extended water fasting.
People Whom We Advise Not to Apply for the H-2-0 Fasting Reset Program:
- Those who are underweight or have a BMI less than 20
- People who are suffering from anorexia or any other eating disorder
- Individuals with advanced metastatic cancer or taking chemotherapy
- Pregnant women and women with newborns
- People with a fear of not eating solid food for 3 – 7 days
- Individuals who are on medications (especially diabetes medication, anti-seizure meds and corticosteroids as these can impact blood sugar levels)
- Individuals with type I diabetes
- Those people who are ‘energy depleted’ due to long term stress or very poor nutrition for many years